Sunday, June 15, 2008

For my baby daddy...

There are lots of reasons why Mr. Remsen Parrish deserves the MVP of our little family on this, his first Father's Day. I started compiling a list last week of all of the wonderful things he has done, both before JR arrived and afterward. Even as I type this post, he is busy entertaining our sweet sickly child (still recovering from vaccines from Friday).


So, without further ado....why Remsen rocks as a dad:
During a bout with morning sickness, Remsen made me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from scratch at 9pm at night...and wore my grandmother's apron just to make me smile and feel better

He put all of the nursery furniture together by himself

He read the What to Expect book month by month

He gave up his favorite adult beverages during my pregnancy (even during football season!)

He stayed in the hospital all three nights when JR was born, sleeping on that horribly uncomfortable and cold window seat at Spartanburg Regional

He went to JR's first day of "school"

And still now...


He attends every doctor's appointment and is the strong parent that helps while JR gets shots

He plays the guitar for his family

He celebrates tooties as if JR scored a last second touchdown

He makes funny faces and sounds just to put a smile on JR's face

He has great moves to get a sleepy kid to actually fall asleep (these should be patented)
He is teaching JR that "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"!

He wants JR to see and experience things

He has become a morning person



He never complains...EVER

There is so much more, but hopefully you see what I do. What a great daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remsen IS a WONDERFUL DAD and deserves the FATHER of THE DAY AWARD! He consistently shows a deep and loving concern for his son (and for his wife).... He's great at taking care of his family! Thank you for being you Remsen. HAPPY FATHER DAY Gnaz

Anonymous said...

This made my cry...with love and pride! I love my son and love and honor him as a great Daddy.("Any man can be a father,but it takes someone special to be a Daddy." Remsen is someone special.) Emme-Remsen's mama.