Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cold doesn't stop the kid


I don't think little kids realize when it is cold outside. How is this possible? Are they just so energetic their little bodies stay warm? Is it how parents bundle them up (ala A Christmas Story, when the little brother has so many layers on that he can't put down his arms)? Do they just not notice outside conditions at this age?
Whatever the science, JR is bound and determined to play outside. Today I was up for it, because at least the sun was out.
Bring on the bubbles. I am not sure I have blogged about JR's love for the art of blowing bubbles, but it is the best and most joyous thing to watch. Even when he attempts to eat the wand...not even the slightest sour face with the taste of bubble juice. Uh-oh. The old "soap in the mouth for dirty words" trick might not work on JR in the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah,bubbles! How glorious they are.Every child needs to do bubbles-forever.(My roommate from college brought bubbles to the beach one year not too long ago;one is NEVER too old)can't wait to 'do' bubbles with my J.R.!! Emme