Friday, February 29, 2008

Multi-taskin' mama

I have realized that as a new parent, you only have so much time to devote to yourself when a new baby arrives. You have a finite amount of time to accomplish a great number of tasks, and at the top of the list is taking a shower, eating a meal, and napping. I have been thinking how much easier life would be if I could eat a sandwich in the shower or nap there…killing two birds with one stone so to speak. I have already broken my own, original rule of not eating while nursing my son. Unfortunately, I seem to be starving all the time (more so than during my pregnancy), so spilling some crumbs on JR while he eats can’t be the worst thing I can do (although I will say that eating a meal is just not the same for us...we scarf down food at a rapid pace, taking turns holding a squirmy baby).

All that said, I have also somehow managed to read two Mary Kay Andrews books (Savannah Blues and Savannah Breeze, both fabulous), do numerous loads of laundry, clean house occasionally, and BLOG! We have also managed to watch the second season of Dexter (such a great show) and spend quality time with our entertaining little man. Although, it is getting harder to use the phrase "little man"...a recent trip to the doctor found JR now weighs a whopping 10 pounds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to give you TIME for meals, showers,walks together, naps,etc."Babysitting" is my favorite thing(my forte ,if you will!!) Emme