Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Football Season Off to a Great Start!

Our beloved Tigers and Terriers are both off to 1-0 starts after a great frist weekend of college football. We got to Gibb's stadium at 3:30 Saturday afternoon to start tailgating with Adam and Kent Brannon, and my brother Clayton(his first Wofford game). We were greeted by heavy rains which finally ended about 30 minutes later and great tailgating ensued.
After a first have of solid Wofford football against Georgetown College, we headed to the Verandah Lot for spirits, BBQ Chicken, and wonderful hospitatlity. The Terriers pulled out the win 38-21.
I left at 10:00am Labor Day morning for Clemson, SC. First game of the season, a ranked Florida State team, and Monday Night Football. It was the perfect strom. After visits to Tiger Town Tavern and TDs in downtown Clemson, I make it to the first tailgating spot(Adam and Kent's) with 6 hours of tailgating ahead of me. Tailgating ended in famous Lot 2 with some of my brother's Clemson fraternity brothers. All were great hosts.
I headed to the stadium and found my seat next to my brother. The band made there way on the field, the Tigers gathered at the top of the Hill. You had to be there for the rest.

At any rate, the Tigers absolutely whipped the Seminoles in the first half going up 24-3 at halftime. With a few lapses in the second half, the Tigers escape with a 24-18 victory and a spot in the AP top 25.
Go Tigers! Go Terriers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! GO TIGERS AND TERRIERS!! It was a great weekend for my two teams! I am looking forward to being at Clemson again this weekend!! Hope to make it to the Wofford/App game in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know. Loves to you both and baby Parrish!!

Gina